Friday, January 30, 2009

Room mates...you either love 'em or you hate 'em

So when I started this program I knew what I was getting myself into by moving in with five complete strangers. Luckily I met up with my room mate Lindsey on facebook a couple months prior to moving here so i knew what she was like and knew that she was the type of person I can live with.

At first things were really great, everyone seemed to be nice and drama free and yeah. One girl specifically, who I'll call....Nora.....didn't care much for her, she was loud and just kinda eh. Not a big fan of girls like her but I figured I'd deal.

So this Nora chick starts making up random house rules which I believed were aimed at me for some reason. Now, I don't think I'm a bad room mate. I'm not a slob and I clean up after myself though I admit that sometimes I'm not a neat freak. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Well lately, and its really hard to xplain this all at once, but lately it feels like Nora and some of the other girls are turning against me...like theres this new rule that if you use a pot, wash it because we only have a few. So I do that. I've seen Nora leave pots in the sink to dry, and when I did that she freaked out and made a new rule: dry it and put it away. SERIOUSLY. who gives a shit? as long as they aren't piled up in the sink, i say who cares? i have better things to do with my time anyway. I also feel like they are talking about me behind my back and saying things that aren't true. I know this sounds like I'm paranoid but the anger that came from me to write this blog followed after what happened today.

Today I called into work because I'm sick and have no voice. I woke up, made some soup, went back to bed, woke up, made noodles, went back to my room, went to blair's, came home after a few hours. I come into my room and there is a pot lid sitting on my bed! It's OBVIOUSLY not washed, and has been used, but I have no idea who by. NOT ME! I'm pissed. i was so pissed that i started crying. Thats what I do when i'm pissed. I don't know what else to say or do about it. I want desperately to go out there and YELL at my room mates and find out who put it there but I 'm such a chicken, and I have no voice, and i'm terrible at confrontation. I get so nervous and shakey when I try to confront someone. but i mean, it's NOT MINE! And I'm also afraid that if I bring it out to them and say its not m ine they are just gonna say that i do a terrible job with washing the dishes and thats why they thought it was mine.

Anyway yeah I'm just very upset. I realy wish Lindsey was here so I could rant to someone because she doesn't seem to be in the drama of the kitchen cleanliness like the others. She's probably the ONLY other one who isn't. it's starting to drive me crazy. I am almost tempted to move out and move in with someone else but I'm just gonna wait and see what happens. I don't think lindsey is coming home tonight, i'm not sure if shes working or what but last night was with her sister at a hotel room so i'm not sure if shes there tonight again or what. I wonder what shes thinking about all this. I mean yeah it's nice having a clean apartment but do we have to be SO crazy about it? lots of times i'm in a hurry to get to work or something and i don't really look over the kitchen to make sure its in perfect shape. and this lid thing really makes me angry!!! i don't even know. i really wish my cat was here. i want to hold him so bad. it's times like these where i really miss my mom. i hate when home doesn't feel like home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this girl i know is interning in florida. let's call her ullison...