Thursday, January 1, 2009

You won't fall for me if you know what's good for you, cause I've still got a lot of leaving left to do

Alright I think this will probably be my last update until I get to Florida! How exciting!

I've managed to get down to five more days!!! Today is Thursday and my flight is on Tuesday so these two days barely count, so all I have left is Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday!! I'm like freaking out alot. I can't even believe it.

So for starters, today is my birthday! I am FINALLY 21!!! I'm very excited about this! Last night I had a New Years Eve party at my house and all my best friends came so the night was incredible. Nothing better than ringing in the new year with (most) of your favorite people. :) We had a great time, had lots of food and booze and games and we wound up not going to bed until like 6:00 this morning. My friends are hilarious when they are drunk, I can't even lie, it's the greatest thing.

Which reminds me that i'm really really going to miss my friends :( last night for the first time since I found out that I'm leaving I actually cried because Dana told me she's going to miss me, and that I'm her best friend. It's just one of those things that you already know, but to hear it being said outloud is totally different. I tried to not cry and ruin my party and make people look at me but I couldn't help it. Plus I had a few drinks in my system which always helps make me more emotional, PLUS I had JUST found out that my sister had been keeping a huge secret from me about who she's dating and i was really upset about that too. So yeah it was a combination of things, but ultimately I know that it's going to be really hard not seeing my friends for five months. I know we'll all be really busy but it's just going to be weird not seeing them for so long. I think tomorrow will probably be the last time I see them but I'm not sure. Me, Steve, Mike and Dana are going to the bar tomorrow but I'm not sure about if I'll see Chris or Kyle or Stacey or anyone else. Kyle is going back to GV on Sunday. I'm used to not seeing him though last semester he came home a few times to hang out with us so I saw him like monthly.

Well anyhoo, moving on, I shipped my shit down through UPS and it cost me like $22. I was very happy about that. I thought it would be a lot more. I had two boxes and they were a decent size. I'm pretty sure the rest of my crap will all fit in my suitcases that I'm taking on the plane and whatever DOESNT fit I'll just have my parents ship down later.

Umm and thats really about all I have to say. I just can't believe it's almost here. I'm nervous about a lot of things, but I'm also super excited, especially to get out of this weather and into the sunshine state!! :) Well I'll update probably on Tuesday when I get to my hotel after I fly in, so check back with me later!! ta ta!

No comments: