Saturday, January 17, 2009

My first days

So yesterday was my first day going to the Magic Kingdom since I got here. The last time I had the chance to see the Magic Kingdom I was like 9, so it's been about 12 years since I've gone. I don't remember anything about it from the first time, for the most part, so this time around I got to see it with a fresh perspective, and honestly I loved it. Disney World is not at all overrated. And honestly it is not just for kids, I saw people of all ages enjoying everything around them. I felt like such a tourist, or a kid, or both, taking pictures of EVERYTHING I saw and going OH MY GOD! at everything I took pictures of. I posted pictures on both facebook and myspace and I took over 80. Half of those were from It's a Small World, lol. I love that ride!! We went on that one, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, the Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain (my first rollercoaster ever) and we went to 2 shows: The Laugh Floor with the monsters from Monsters Inc (pretty funny) and Disney's Filhar Magic. THAT was incredible. If you ever visit Disney World, GO THERE. that should be number one on your list of priorities. It is the most amazing show I've ever seen. It's a 3D show, it's only like 10 minutes long but it sums up what Disney truly is in those ten minutes. They do multiple musical numbers from the classic Disney movies and all in 3D and it's really really cool....you'd have to see it to understand though!!

We left the MK around 7:30 because we wanted to beat the traffic out of there of those staying for the fireworks, and also because we were freezing. It was only like 40 degrees once the sun went down, so yeah it was cold. I can't wait til the weather gets really really nice so we can stay longer and do more things.

After that we were planning to go out to a bar or something but we wound up ditching that plan. Lora and Kay both went out with some guys but the rest of us stayed at home. Me, Brittany and Lindsey watched The Devil Wears Prada and Andrea, I'm not sure what she was doing but she was home too. We were so exhausted from all the fresh air i think.

Anyway today is my first day of on the job training at the Contemporary. I am SO nervous. I think I'm mostly just nervous because I don't really know exactly what to do or whatever. I'm debating whether or not to wear my uniform to work or change there. If I wear it to work then at least that's one less hassle to think about. However, I am not allowed to walk through the front door with my uniform and I'm still not totally sure about the back way to get in so I might take the front door today but that means changing at work in the locker room. That probably isn't too bad of an idea. That way if I look TOTALLY lost nobody will be like OMG she's an employee and she's so obviously lost!! yeah I'm a freak I know.

Anyway that's all I have to say for now. Tomorrow I will try and update with my first day of work. It's weird because I had class all week for 9 hours a day, two days off, one day of work,and then two more days off! but then i work like five days straight....ugh...I'm NOT Loving the shift they gave me all week...2-1030. thats like my ENTIRE DAY!!!! I have to take the bus to work, meaning for a 2pm shift I have to be on the bus at like 12:30, and then I won't get home til like 11:30ish. It just sucks!! I just want to get training over with so I don't have to feel so new.

So yeah, peace out!

No comments: