Thursday, January 22, 2009

My new lifestyle alone is gonig to make me so slim

Before I get onto my actual rant I must say that just living here alone is going to give me the body i want..i'm not even kidding. Not only do I do a shit ton of walking with my lack of car, but I carry like 20 pounds of groceries WITH ME while I'm walking the half mile back to my apartment. Not only that but I am eating no junk food! It's so weird...I barely get to have any chocolate and the most junk food that I've got right now is tortilla chips. I just about overdosed myself on grapes...but at least I feel healthier. I'm trying to buy groceries that will last as long as possible without spending a lot of money. That means buying no frozen food (no hot pockets!), buying generic brands, and only making small portions. I bought a set of groceries like two weeks ago and I still have a few things left from that, and then today i did some more shopping so now I have more food. I have to limit what I buy because I have to CARRY it home..so today I had four bags, and those were super heavy.

Moving on to my actual rant...well it kind of ties in a little with what i stated previously...I HATE not having my car. Honestly, I hate it. I decided I hate relying on other people for things and transportation is definitely like number 2 on the list, number one being relying on someone to help me shower.

So there is a bus schedule and numerous bus routes that travel from each apartment complex to work locations of all the interns. There's also a bus that goes to the grocery stores. To get to work, I have to take the A bus from my apartment to the Ticket & Transportation center, where I have to wait for the B bus to come and take me to the Contemporary (after it makes a stop at Fort Wilderness first). This process might not sound very long, but it is. For example, today I work at 6pm. I have to be on the bus at 4:20. And they say get to the bus stop early...so I have to be out there around 4:10. And then I get to work around 5:20. If I took the next bus, I'd be at work too late! So it pretty much never works out for me. But even THAT is not my biggest concern with the buses.

Last Saturday I got off work at 1030. Not too late. I waited outside for my bus to come. Waited and waited and waited. Mind you, it's my first day at the hotel working. The bus is scheduled to come :16 and :46 past the hour. I waited until about 11:10 when i gave up on it and took the monorail to the TTC and took that bus home. I was not happy. I got home after midnight...90 minutes after my shift. Tuesday morning I called the Transportation hotline where I told them what happened and wanted to know what the deal was and if my bus was going to come when i got off work. The guy said yes, and it should have come the last time i worked, blah blah blah. They'll file a report. Sure you will.

Tuesday was my second day. I got off work at 12:45. I RAN my ass out to the bus stop and was there at 12:46 on the dot. No bus. No fucking bus. Where the FUCK was that DAMN BUS?! At 12:50 I called the dispatch line and I was like Listen...wheres my fucking bus? Except I didn't say quite that. He got ahold of the driver who said he was on his way. Alright..he finally came around 12:52...definitely NOT on time. keep in mind that Florida is experiencing a nice week of freezing weather, so I was very cold as well as tired.

Yesterday, Wednesday, i worked til 1:00AM. Plenty of time to catch the 1:16 bus. So I get out there at 1:10, wait and wait and wait and it never shows up! So I call dispatch again. The guy who answered said ''i'll call the driver'' and hung up on me! Im SURE you did, buddy! Considering my bus didn't come til 1:48...yeah. So I waited for about 40 minutes in freezing cold weather. I could have waited inside but the doors are so far from the bus stop I was terrified I'd miss it if it came.

Today is Thursday. I get off work at 2:30 in the morning and the last bus that goes to the Contemporary is at 2:16, meaning I have to call when i get off work to have a bus come get me. it BETTER! I'm so sick of this crap, I really am! If this continues any more i'm calling and making ANOTHER complaint and possibly writing a letter! after I get off work, I'm tired, and lately, i'm freezing. I don't want to wait 30-40 minutes for a bus to come to take me to another bus. it's ridiculous.

Because of this *awesome* bus system, i get off work on Saturday at 1030, get home around 12, wake up around 430, leave for work at 530, to be at work at 645 on Sunday. How much am I loving my life right now? ehh...I know it's all going to be worth it, but its SUCH a pain in the ass. That is something I look forward to when I come home, is having independence again...having my car...going to the store just to pick something up real quick rather than taking 2 hours out of my day for that. I finally have some cash so i can do my laundry...yeah its been like 3 weeks since i've done my laundry...it's piling up so bad lol. I would have done it today when i got home from the store but i wanted to eat, and now i only have an hour before i have to be at the bus stop to go to work. so yeah..ridiculous, is it not?

Well I believe that is all I have to say on for right now...may the force be with you.

No comments: