Saturday, January 10, 2009

So we have some catching up to do

So I apologize deeply for not updating in like 2 weeks. I have been so crazy-busy but now I finally have a moment to write about my adventures from this week. I will try to not drone on, and only give the important details!

Tuesday, January 6th was my flight to Florida. I was SO nervous!! I hadn't flown since I was like 11 years old, so it had been awhile and I don't have fond memories. It was really really hard leaving my cats behind at home. I cried so much saying good bye to Callie and I couldn't find Milo because he kept hiding under things. I got to the airport super early and spent my time waiting chatting with some guy who was on my flight. The plane ride was scary, I decided I hate flying. Once we were about 10 minutes from landing and we were under the clouds I was alright though. lol...2 hours later.

Arriving in Orlando was crazy, I had to first collect my luggage and then figure out how to get to my hotel. There was a free shuttle service to my hotel which was a Marriott so I called them and someone came and picked me up. It was so nice once I took a shower (I was SWEATING at this point...wearing winter clothes in 80 degree weather) being able to relax and enjoy the beautiful evening...didn't miss the snow back at home at all.

I met a girl on facebook named Kim from New York a few months ago about sharing a hotel room so she came around 10pm and we stayed the night and in the morning drove to check-in together. The process altogether took about 2 hours with all the papers to fill out, getting housing assignments and keys, ID photos taken for our housing ID's, a background check, and all that other junk. I finally got to my apartment around 11:30 where I met Lindsey, my room mate, her parents, and some other room mates and their parents. At 12:30 we had our housing meeting which lasted until 2:30. Later that night I went to wal-mart to get a bunch of crap and ran into Kim from New York (yes thats her name) and she gave me a ride back home which was awesome. I came home and hung out with all my room mates and we went to bed around 12.


Thursday all we had to do was some employment paperwork. Me being the idiot that I am forgot to bring my driver's license with me so i had to come home, get my ID and take it to the Casting Center which is about 4 miles away. Luckily, one of my room mates, Andrea, has a car and she drove me there. That was super nice of her. We all hung out at the apartment for awhile until 4 there was a pool party at Patterson Court, the apartment complex for interns down the road from us (we live at Chatham Square). The party was pretty fun, there was free food and drinks, lots of people, music and dancing, a hula hoop contest, and limbo! lol. Lilo and Stitch were there as well. We went back home around 6 and then four of us went to some stores and then got back home and just hung out and went to bed.

Friday, yesterday, we had a class called Traditions. It's a class where you learn EVERYTHING about Disney the company, you learn about the past, present, and future of Disney and it's pretty interesting but it can be really boring too since its like four hours of sitting. The instructors were fairly interesting though so that made it less torturous. I met a few girls there. They were extremely strict about our appearance. We had to dress up really nicely and business casual so anything that they saw that was wrong we had to fix and if we couldn't we had to go home. I mean like they were looking at our clothes, our shoes, our jewelry, our hair, EVERYTHING! I was so nervous about my hair not passing because I have highlights and they really dont want us having them but I got away with it yay!

Anyway after traditions I didn't get home til like 6:10ish and I was tired so I decided to stay home while the rest of my room mates were out about and having fun. I felt like a loser but I mean i was tired!

Today I woke up at 5:20, took the bus to the Contemporary Resort (after having to change buses too) and got there around 7:30. There was about 15 people for "Legacy Day'' as they call it. I was the ONLY intern who had been chosen for the front desk out of the 15 of us. I asked my trainer later how many interns were chosen for front desk and he said a total of 13, so I'm really happy I'm not alone, but I AM the first one to be trained so I'm nervous!!!

The Contemporary is beautiful though...I still can't believe that I WORK there!!!

Anyway my uniform isn't too hideous...I've seen some horrible ones at Disney so far so I feel lucky haha. So yeah thats basically all that has really gone on but i've been so busy and now I am exhausted. my room mates are out at Epcot right now but I was still on my way home when they left so I am home just relaxing after a very very long day. I feel sort of like I should be out enjoying Florida but I figure I have plenty of time to do that later when I work less crazy hours.

And so anyway, I am out of this bitch. I'm probably gonna shower and go to bed cause i'm exhausted as hell. and i have another busy day tomorrow. peace out! and have a magical day.


No comments: