Monday, January 12, 2009

Don't forget to remember me

Alright so it's Monday, January 12th, 2009 in case you were wondering. I am exhausted and about ready for bed and it's not even 10pm yet. It's like this every night. lol.
Me and my room mates are so tired so early on, it's outrageous.


Anyway so this week I have this class for my new job and it's called First Impressions. It's from 830-5pm at the Disney University. It's kind of interesting at times, but it's also boring because some of it is common sense or things that I already know or things that they go over too many times. The entire class is dedicated to the front desk operations at the walt disney world resorts.

Now, I worked at the Courtyard for about 7 months and once they started teaching me front desk I spent time with another front desk-er to learn all the operations. NEVER did I have to take a class, let alone four classes! I think it's good though because the computers have the DPMS system ON it so we can do practice reservations and check ins as a class and I think if I had training like that at the Courtyard I would have been much more successful at the front desk.

The property management system for Disney resorts is easier in my opinion than PMS was at the Courtyard. Things are just easier to do and there's less work involved. I really wish that the system at the Courtyard was like that, it would be so much easier.

Basically from what I've learned in this class so far is that the front desk does 2 main things: checking guests into their hotel rooms, and checking guests out of their hotel rooms. YEAH...not a whole lot to do. There is no paperwork involved or anything. THERE IS NO PHONE THAT RINGS! thats my favorite part. If a guest needs something and calls down, I'll never have to know about it!


Anyway, other than t hat I'm just excited to finish in class training and start on the job training at the hotel. I'm also excited to have 2 days off soon....thursday & friday. I'm hoping to go out with Lindsey my room mate and maybe some other people one of those nights since most of the time I am stuck in class or relaxing after a long day. I need some fun time!! :(


Other than work things are good here. I love the Florida weather. I love feeling the sunshine and the 70 degree heat in January. I love the palm trees and watching the sunset after 6pm rather than 5pm. My room mates are awesome. My job is a dream. I'm' livin it up! I miss my cat though, still, and I've only been away for five days. It feels like SO much longer!!!!

Anyway thats really it, i'm starting to ramble and it's not the good knd of ramble. i'm off to bed to rest for another lonnnnnnnnng day tomorrow. peace out!!

No comments: