Thursday, January 15, 2009

Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk

Alright, so nothing super new has been going on down here to write about. Yesterday was my last day of my training class, and Saturday is my first day working at the actual hotel. I am so nervous. But I'm also looking forward to it as well. After all, I did decide to come down here for the incredible experience. i'm just looking forward to finishing my training and being comfortable with my job.

Anyway the weather here isn't as warm as I would have hoped for. It's only like 50's/60's all week, but the sun is out so that's good. I'll take it over the -3 degrees outside in Michigan right now. I really don't miss that at all. I just wish it was like 80 degrees lol.

Last night after class I went out with Lindsey, Andrea, and Brittany, three of my room mates. We went to AMC and saw "Bride Wars''...pretty funny movie, we all enjoyed it. It was so nice going out with people who I consider to be friends, I feel like not lost at all when i'm around them and of course my other roomies too. It's just so nice to have them.

I realized last night how many changes I've been going through in just the last week or so alone. I left a job that I loved, left school, left all my friends, left my family, left home, left an area that I lived in for my entire life that I knew so well, I basically left my entire life to start a new one. I had to start a new job, move into a new place in a new city, in a new state, in a new REGION of the country, move in with five complete strangers from all over the United States, and do all of this without all the people I know and love beside me. I am on a completely new adventure...I have to clean and cook for myself (not like that is totally new, but it is a little bit), I have to be 100% responsible for myself, and worst of all I don't have my car with me so I have to rely on other people or public transportation.

But regardless of all of that, I've adjusted pretty well overall I think. I haven't had a total meltdown yet. I've been able to meet new people, try new things, and do all of this on my own. I've never lived on my own before, I've always lived with my parents. The other girls in my apartment have all gone away to college so this is nothing to them. I miss my family, and I miss my friends and my cat and just the familiarity of life in Michigan. However, this experience is something I'd never give up, not for anything. I love it here in Florida. I love the nice weather, the people, learning things about life and about myself. I've learned alot about myself just in the 8 days of being here. I've learned that I'm stronger and more independent than I thought, and when real life challenges come up and present themselves to me, I can deal with it and learn how to make the best of it. I could be moping around because I miss everyone at home, but I'm not. I could be freaking out because I am starting a new job without my mom here to support me, but I'm not. I could be on the next flight to Detroit because I can't handle all this change at once but I'm not. Basically what I'm saying is, I've been hit all at once with all this and it's CRAZY, other than the other interns here, I don't know of anyone who's had so many things change overnight for them. It'll be interesting to see how the next five months go. I think I'll adapt easily, so far I have, thanks to my amazing room mates that I have here and the cool people I've met in my class and hopefully I'll meet more at work.


Anyway, moving on. This is not really Florida related but more like my own personal life. Have you ever realized that the one person you truly deeply wanted was standing right there in front of you all along? Maybe to say ''truly deeply want'' is pushing it but I'm kind of in a similar situation right now. It's really bothering me because I almost feel like the person i want to be with I shouldn't feel that way...for one thing, he's my best friend, and for another thing, he's my ex. So that doesn't seem like a really good combo. Also I just don't know. I've met other guys and went out with other guys after him and I felt like there was such a difference because like the chemistry with the other guys was so strong, but with steve (yeah its steve) the chemistry in our personalities is so strong. why can't i just find a guy who has it all? I know I'm still young and I have PLENTY of time for that but what about NOW? what about the present? Maybe not right this second, I'm kind of in Florida and I'm not here forever so I don't really want to meet anyone quite yet but yeah it's kind of a problem. Once I get back home I can start dating again, maybe, we'll see. I still kind of want to see where things could have gone with Jeff because like..i think there was some real potential there. I dunno. I'm just going to wait and see who's waiting for me when I come home. I know Steve will be, because he's that kind of guy...my best friend.

No comments: