Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So what's been new here at 19302 ? Not too much actually! Our apartment is haunted, we've discovered. And you can't say it's not, because you have not seen the blinds swaying for no reason, the sink turn on by itself and the thermostat change temperatures without anyone touching it. It's eerie!

Saturday was my first day working at the Contemporary. It was EXACTLY how I pictured it would be...because it's the way all first days are....awkward, intimidating, LONG. I hate that new-job feeling. I always have. I like feeling comfortable in own skin, knowing what I'm doing, and how to solve problems that are presented to me. So yeah my first day was 8 hours and pretty boring because I mostly just watched my trainer check people in. I have so many bosses and I don't even know whos my boss and who isn't because I met so many people...from what I hear, anyone wearing their own clothing is a manager or supervisor of some kind. Okay.
It's just so different at this hotel than what I am used to, and I know i have to stop saying that and adjust to it already but it's hard! if anyone needs anything, I almost always have to go to someone else to find out if it's possible. Late check outs..can't do that on my own. Early check ins...sometimes I can do that on my own if the room is ready. Room change...can't do that on my own either. I need to get used to it.
Today is my second day of on the job training. Lucky for me I had two days off in a row to relax and settle in to this new job feeling. I'm ready to kick some ass today. Hopefully everything goes okay. The one thing that keeps me sane is knowing this job is not permanent, and I don't have to worry about doing things to try and get a promotion or whatever. If people don't like me, or I do a shitty job (which i don't think will happen), I'm only there for four months. I think on my very last day at the Courtyard is when I felt most confident about my job knowing that if I screwed up, I wouldn't have to worry about it because the next day i'd no longer be employed there. Even though I didn't screw anything up, I felt like I could do anything and I think it improved how I handled the guests because I had such confidence. We'll see if that happens again here. Today i work 415-1245. ODD. I don't know if I like the idea of getting home at like 130 in the morning...but whatever. Tomorrow its the same thing. Thursday I don't get off work til 230 AM! thats the middle of the damn night!!!

We have come to the conclusion that our apartment has the hottest ladies living here. I'm not even kidding...I think I'm the ugliest of the six of us...so depending on your perspective of how attractive I am, you get my drift. Two of them being SUPER hotties, the others being very very pretty, and then me. lol. This has resulted in many guys coming over to my apartment at night and it's interesting...not my type of men AT ALL! They are all so cocky, thinking they are the shit and can get with all of us or something. Im not falling for it. One of my rooommates brought this guy over who thought he was IT. he pretty much invited himself over to our apartment, waltzed in, sat on our kitchen table (yeah, its called a chair buddy), sat on our couch and turned the TV channel to a basketball game (HIS FIRST TIME AT OUR PLACE! within 5 minutes of being here!) and drank most of our booze. I could NOT stand him. Then the other guys that have been here are big drinkers and hooka-bar hoppers. Yeah no thanks. I'd rather be a loser and stay home than go out to a hooka bar. One of my roommates went with them and hated it...and she is pretty much up for anything always. So that pretty much tells me that I would not like it...ah well. The adventures of peer pressure. lol

It's so odd meeting people in person that I've been talking to on Facebook. I've talked to quite a few people on Facebook who are coming down to work at Disney as well. It's quite cool though, too. I've been running into people from Facebook, and yesterday one of my Facebook friends from Michigan came over to my apartment and that was my first time meeting him as well. Another friend called me last night to tell me he arrived. More and more people are arriving and moving in. I moved in on one of the very first days, so now that more people are coming, my chances of meeting my facebook friends are less slim. it's fun though! I'm very happy because Blair is here now! She moves in next Monday. I've known Blair for years. We worked at the movie theater together and we go to the same college and whatnot. So I'm excited to have a familiar face here with me!!!

Anyway, I have to wrap this up and start getting ready for work. This bus system kills me. I have to be on the bus at 3 for my shift that starts an hour and 15 minutes later. SHITTY! Saturday my shift started at 2 and I had to be on a bus that left at like 1230. It sucks...oh the things we'll do for the Mouse.

Well i'll write later when I have something interesting to say...ta!

No comments: