Sunday, September 6, 2009

a post! awesome

Well, it's been almost a month since the conclusion of my college program. I was super worried, as all my followers would know (all six of them) about finding a new job to replace mine at the Contemporary. I had 2 job interviews but no call backs with those and I applied to many many other hotels as well but nothing. I managed to talk to a manager @ the Contemporary to be statused as ''seasonal'' for the time being. The stressful part about being seasonal is that there is no guarantee for any hours. This was extremely scary to me, thinking about how I could possibly only work one or two days a week. Lucky for me it's been going really well, I've been putting in MORE hours as seasonal than I was as an intern which is good. My managers seem to understand that me and Chris, though we are only seasonal, are willing to do whatever it takes to remain active with the company and know we are willing to work any amount of hours we are offered. Last week I put in 57 hours and Chris put in 54 so we made out pretty well. For right now, I am probably going to remain at the Contemporary until I figure out what I want to do. I think I'd like to stay on as a full timer for now, at least until I finish school and then I can decide. Lucky for me, I have time to make any more life-altering decisions.

Other than that, not a whole lot is going on. Me and Chris are doing well...what else would you expect, we're awesome. Things are a little crazy on the home front back in good ol' Michigan but I won't get into that. I'm missing everyone back home and thinking about popping in for a visit next month if I can manage it.

Well that's all the updating I have for now...I'll write again momentarily.

No comments: