Wednesday, August 5, 2009

time to update....

Alright so in 9 days my college program will be over. I CANT BELIEVE IT. I am FREAKING THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW! Why? Because I don't even have a job yet.

Today I had a job interview with the Hilton/Waldorf Astoria. VERY exciting. The Waldorf Astoria will be the first other than the one that is in New York, so how cool is that? I had an interview for front desk, I somehow managed to wing that one out of nowhere. My original interview was for Laundry Supervisor and Houseperson but they felt I was more qualified for front desk so I interviewed with like THREE people. I am not sure how to feel about it to be honest. I want to say that it went really well, because I thought it did. The interview itself was awesome, I think I did good with that part. They seemed to be impressed with my Disney experience as well as my accomplishments at the Marriott. However the last guy who i talked to from the Hilton part told me that for the front desk they are mostly hiring people who have experience with Hilton, bringing them in as supervisors and then later hiring more people to work. He said they'll be in touch with me, which doesn't ever mean something good. ugh. Even if I was hired, they won't be starting the training process until September which means I would be out of a job for like a month anyway. Stressful, is it not?

The only thing keeping me SANE right now is the fact that I have a job interview TOMORROW for Embassy Suites-Lake buena vista. The position is front desk and the hotel looks pretty decent. It's actually a PART of Hilton which is interesting..i was not aware until i saw it on the website today. So we'll see how the interview goes. I'm feeling confident. I was really nervous about today's interview because the hotel isn't open yet so they had interviews for thousands of people going on. very very intimidating i must say. this one sounds like a one on one thing so I'm a little bit more at ease! I am really really REALLY hoping she tells me tomorrow whether or not i will be hired. I'd love for her to say that I'm hired and that I can start next Thursday lol. That would be perfect. I'd be SO relieved. I can't remember exactly but i'm surely hoping that this position was full time. i need the money so bad. i'm so strapped right now, i can't afford ANTYHING. I feel like i work quite a few hours but i'm barely scraping by making rent and my car payments and insurance plus other living expenses such as gas and groceries. i guess thats life for ya. i really wish marriott would have called me though. i applied at like seven of them. I guess tomorrow will be a huge deciding factor if I want to go ahead and contact a few of those hotels about setting up a job interview. just hoping things go well tomorrow so i cant stop worrying about it!!!!!!!

anyway thats all i wanted to say for right now, I'll update this later with my news on my job interview(s) and also to give my final thoughts on my experience with the Disney College Program.

No comments: