Tuesday, March 30, 2010

OMG almost 3 months, what's wrong with me??

I keep meaning to update my blog, and now I have some free time due to not being able to sleep so I shall write!

Nothing is super new with me I guess. In my last blog I mentioned that for my birthday Chris let me get a kitten. I named her Bailey and she is the MOST beautiful thing on earth. I love that girl with everything. She is bad, believe me, she is very naughty and I have to yell at her a lot but there is nothing quite like walking in from a long day at work to be greeted by a ''meow!!!!?!?" (which to me translates to "HI MOMMY HI MOMMY HI MOMMMY!!!!!!!!" he he he). I feel like having Bailey here at home with us makes this feel more like...a home! Chris has gotten used to her, even though I never thought he would, it only took a few weeks for him to treat her like his own. He's very good to her and feeds her and such. I'm happy about that.

I also got a new job. I know right?? In previous blogs I have mentioned my employment with Disney and how I felt cheated because it was basically impossible for me to move into a full time position due to being seasonal, even though they were hiring in full timers who had more employment time with Disney. I got so fed up with it, and it got to the point where i was only getting maybe 2 days a week at the most, and I can't live on that. I started applying for jobs everywhere, had some interviews and finally landed my first REAL full time job!!!! Ok maybe it's not a career, but I enjoy it. I work in the recreation department at Loews Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando. it's a beautiful hotel, large and south seas themed. I work as a pool attendant and it's quite a basic job, but it keeps me occupied. I'm trying to make goals for myself so I can move up with the company eventually. I'm hoping by like December or January (when it starts getting cold again) I will be able to move inside working at the front desk. And then I'm just going to wait and see what happens from there. That's my plan right now though. I like what I do for now, it's interesting having a job that I've never done before and working outside has its benefits (like a killer tan...which I kinda have, considering I AM a michigander at heart and at first glance ha ha ha!) but I know in July i'll regret saying that once i drown in my own sweat. ugh!

Ummmm...Honestly I wish I had more to say...however, I don't really and I think i'm going to try and go back to bed now. I should update this more often....maybe I will.

No comments: