Friday, May 1, 2009

We're nowhere, and it's now

Well, today is the first of May. An exciting time of year back home because that means warm weather, spring time, flowers, birds, people start uncovering their pools, we see days where it reaches 77 degrees and you'd think people of Michigan have never seen a hot day before because people start turning on their sprinklers and running through them like they are five again. I love, love, love a Michigan May. This year, however, I will not be celebratiing my Cinco De Mayo in the Great Lakes State, I am in Florida, as I have been...and don't get me wrong, I love the hot weather. I love when it's steaming hot outside and I walk into an ice cold air conditioned building; the second the air hits my face I feel like this is where I belong. Love it. But I do miss the way the earth looks when spring emerges after a long, dreadful, cold, icy, bleak winter. it's like everything becomes alive..it reminds me of the scene in Plesantville when the world is slowly becoming full of color..you see the first flower turn red and it's the same way when winter finally makes it's escape for the season and spring comes and the flowers pop out overnight and the trees suddenly are born again with fresh leaves. It's absolutely stunning and I almost feel sorry for those who have lived down south for their whole lives and never experienced such beauty.


I officially extended my employment with Disney until August. For now that is all I know. I know that if I absolutely needed to, there is a possibility of staying until January but I don't want to. I will be still working at the Contemporary Resort which is good, i was slightly worried that i would be moved elsewhere. More importantly Chris (the boyfriend) was able to extend his employment as well. There were some major battles with his extension, but everything worked out in the end like I knew it would which only makes me more sure that we were meant to be together. sounds cheesy, I know, i know.

well basically that's all i have to say. my life is unfortunately not that exciting. haha. well, it's not boring either, but just no new updates for you. hopefully after michigan i'll have something to write about ...ta!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whenever I read about people who work for Disney, I think of this post (even though I realize Disneyland =/= Disney World).

Unknown said...

Ugh. If the link doesn't work for me, I'll assume it doesn't work for you.

http://www.lamag.com/featuredarticle.aspx?id=7016&page=1